Who We Are
The Salt Room Tell City wishes to offer relaxation and holistic healing. Our salt room offers a combination wet and dry salt therapy session that can be beneficial to those suffering from allergies, asthma, eczema, psoriasis, and more. It’s our wish to help you destress, heal, and feel rejuvenated!
THE MESSAGE BOARD
The Salt Room is now OPEN again!
At the core of our solutions is a wondrous rock crystal salt called Himalayan Salt. Hidden deep within the Himalayan mountains, sheltered safely away through time and from modern day pollutants, lies an amazing testament to this Earth’s incredible beauty, diversity, history and geology.
Himalayan Salt has a most unusual characteristic that immediately sets it apart from traditional sea or table salt. Upon first sight, this salt typically produces reactions of surprise and amazement and the comment, “It’s Pink!” Though salt can be found in most every color of the spectrum, typical sea salt is white, gray or colorless.
The Fifth Element?
It is often said that SALT is the FIFTH ELEMENT. We simply and literally cannot live without it. Not only is it essential for many bodily processes, try cooking a decent meal without it! Salt is a necessary component to all life in general. The balance of Earth itself depends on salt!
What is Dry Salt Therapy?
Dry salt therapy, or halotherapy, is a holistic, drug free, natural therapy using micro particles of salt to promote better breathing, healthier skin, sounder sleep, improved physical fitness and endurance and overall wellness. Dry salt therapy also helps to alleviate symptoms of many respiratory and skin conditions.
Salt therapy is as simple as sitting in a special room that recreates the conditions of a salt cave above ground. Salt rooms provide an allergen and pathogen-free environment, giving the lungs an opportunity to heal. They have become a popular treatment for asthma, cystic fibrosis, and a host of other respiratory and skin ailment sufferers.
Also known as halotherapy, salt therapy is a modern variation of the Eastern European tradition of spending time in natural salt caves for health. Polish physician Dr. Boczkowski was the first to record the health benefits of salt caves in 1843, after observing the good health of salt miners in the Wieliczka salt mines near Krakow, Poland.
What is Wet Salt Therapy?
Wet Halotherapy is a term used to describe the therapeutic benefits of salt water or salt mist (brine), such as breathing in the ocean or sea-side air, or taking a dip in the natural saline waters of the Dead Sea.
Our salt room includes two salt water cascades. These cascades add the benefits of wet halotherapy to dry halotherapy in our room, providing full and complete salt-based therapy
Who can benefit from Salt Therapy?
Those who advocate salt therapy attribute the benefits to the fact that it is a sterile environment, without pathogens like bacteria, viruses, or allergens. Any microorganism that makes it into the cave cannot survive because of the salt. Salt rooms also have a high level of negative ions, which can help improve your mood.
Spending time in natural salt caves is called speleotherapy (speleos means cave). But most people don’t have access to a salt cave. So salt rooms were invented in the 1980s to recreate the conditions of a salt cave above ground. Above-ground salt therapy is called halotherapy (halo means salt) and the rooms are sometimes called halochambers. Usually, you can only find salt therapy at specialized businesses. They tend to be more common in large cities, where there are enough people to support the demand.
Dry Salt therapy is like a toothbrush for your lungs and skin, EVERYONE can (and will) benefit. It is a (total) detox for the following conditions:
- Breathlessness and Chest Tightness
- Bronchial Infections
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Sleep Apnea
- Ear Infections
- Laryngitis (Pharyngitis,)
- Sore Throat, and Tonsillitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Hay Fever
- Sinus Inflammation
- Smoker’s Cough
- Helps fight against Skin Aging
- Dry and Flaky Skin
How Does It Work?
Salt molecules are comprised of a positive sodium ion and a negative chloride ion. While you breathe in the salty air of the therapy room, salt molecules enter the moist airways of the lungs and break down, releasing the negative ions.
Salt has the following properties:
- Mucolytic effects: loosens excessive mucus and speeds up mucociliary transport
- Removes pathogen agents (airborne pollen)
- Reduces IgE level (immune system oversensitivity)
The negative ions stimulate airway linings, improving mucus clearance and improving immune response to pathogens. People with chronic respiratory conditions lack sodium chloride in their airway linings and salt therapy helps resolve this deficiency. It alleviates symptoms, helps prevent them from reoccurring, and reduce dependence on medications like nasal sprays and inhalers.
The airborne salt that works on airways also clears up a variety of skin conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema. Furthermore, the release of negative ions can have a beneficial effect on your mood.
Studies suggest that the release of negative ions (what you experience when you step outside into fresh air) during salt therapy reduces stress, headaches, lethargy, and depression, and improves energy and mental acuity while stabilizing mood and sleep patterns. Salt therapy provides the best results when you take it regularly. A single treatment lasts about 45 to 50 minutes. You simply sit in the halochamber and inhale microscopic particles of salt.
The salt is grounded into tiny micro particles by our state-of-the-art halogenerator and then dispersed into the salt room. While relaxing in one of our salt room reclining chairs, customers inhale the dry, salt-enriched air deep down into the lungs, where the healing benefits do their greatest healing. The salt widens the airways and loosens the mucus, which begins to clear quickly, and inflammation is reduced, which makes more room in the airways for you to breathe. Symptoms subside, sometimes for up to 12 months. The non-inhaled particles landing on the skin help to balance pH and induce the reparative and regenerative processes in the skin, increasing rigidity and stimulating cell growth and microcirculation.
What should I expect to experience in a Salt Room?
- Negative ions counterbalance the many positive ions we pick up from electronic devices like cell phones, tablets, etc. Neutralizing the atmosphere in this way stabilizes mood, decreases stress and prepares the body for ultimate healing.
A salt room session lasts 45 minutes and requires no more than lying back in a comfortable recliner and breathing deeply. Micro particles of salt are dispersed into the room by the halogenerator while our salt water fountains add evaporated salt to the air. Reap the benefits as you relax, read, listen to music, sleep or meditate.
What clothing should be worn in The Salt Room?
What are the Side Effects?
How often should you come?
- Depending on age and stage of your condition, 20-30 sessions are recommended for long term results.
- The sessions should be frequent; about two or three a week is suggested.
- For irreversible conditions, two to three-month follow-up sessions are recommended to maintain the clear lungs.
In most patients, after a course of Salt Therapy, airways become normal and symptoms disappear. The treatment’s efficacy is estimated at 75-98%.
Salt Therapy can significantly help to:
- Reduce the need for inhalers and antibiotics
- Make your breathing easier after just a few sessions
- Improve lung function
- Reduce the number of hospital admissions
- Alleviate sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Clear mucus and sticky phlegm from the lungs
- Increase the resistance to respiratory tract diseases
- Strengthen your immune system
Is Salt Therapy safe for Children?
- Yes. Salt therapy is a completely drug-free treatment for children and adults. Children as young as 3 months have benefited greatly and respond quickly and effectively to Halotherapy. Children are more prone to respiratory problems because they pick up more viruses and their lungs are not fully developed until about the age of 9. In addition, the environment is filled with pollutants which children have a harder time keeping at bay.
Is Salt Therapy safe for Pregnant Women?
Should I stop using my medication during salt therapy?
Please read the following before booking an appointment.
– No Food or Drinks allowed inside The Salt Room.
– No Street Shoes allowed inside The Salt Room.
– Feet must be covered inside The Salt Room (we offer complimentary slippers for those that don’t have socks available).
– This is a quiet room, please respect your neighbor(s).
– Mobile devices are allowed but please use your devices in The Salt Room with care.
Our Services & Packages
Our special services for you.
45 Minute Session
Prices are $35 for a 45 Minute Session in the Salt Room.
Currently we are only offering a 45 minute session for $35.
Rotating dates and time available. Call or check www.facebook.com/thesaltroomtellcity/ for currently available dates and times.